Below you will see 2 lists – ‘Acts of kindness to others’ and ‘Acts of kindness to yourself’. Your Challenge is to choose 2 acts (one from each list) every day this week.
Download, print and fill in the Kindness Chart HERE to keep you accountable, and please post in the FB group. We’d love to know how you get on!
List 1 – Acts of Kindness to Others
- Pay someone a compliment, or tell someone that you really value them
- Send someone a handwritten letter or card in the mail
- Prepare for a family member their favourite meal
- Pick up some litter on your daily walk
- Write a great review online for a local business
- Offer to get some shopping or run an errand for a neighbour
- Email someone a ‘voucher’ to offer to babysit or do a practical chore for them
- Give a ‘voucher’ to someone in your family
- Arrange to donate blood
- Smile at more than one person the next time you go out
- Plant some seeds
- Do the chores even when its someone else’s turn
- Make someone, (yourself is fine) Breakfast in bed
- Order one of your favourite books online and have it delivered to a friend
- Leave a tip for the postie or the refuse collectors, tough jobs right now.
- Offer to walk a dog for someone you know is busy or self isolating.
- Leave some seeds out for the birds
- Share the recipe for your favourite ‘signature dish’
List 2 – Acts of Kindness to Yourself
- Soak in a hot bath with essential oils
- Walk in nature and notice what you see and hear.
- Order a small treat for yourself online
- Buy a beautiful journal and a new pen
- Draw your name in the centre of a heart, and write around it everything that you love about yourself
- Write I love you on post it notes, and stick it to a mirror (other people in the house can think it means them!)
- Plan an early night with a great book, and a hot chocolate
- Do some simple yoga stretches and thank your body for being able to move.
- Make yourself a wonderful mocktail or your favourite drink in a lovely glass