So often I hear people say…’It was a special occasion…the sun was shining, Everyone else had a cocktail / champagne/ summery gin fizz’. We need to remind ourselves that the event is never about whats in the glass.
Remember the phrase:
Keep the Ritual, Change the Ingredients.
You can and should treat yourself to a nice drink with friends or to celebrate, why not? But make it fabulous AND alcohol free.
Anika Ahmed, is The Cordial Mixologist has some awesome recipes. She runs pop up bars (in ‘normal’ times) I met her at Morning Gloryville last year and she gave me this great recipe for a special sangria recipe.
¾ bottle of Alcohol Free Rosé
6 cubes Watermelon
3 orange slices
1-2 slices of grapefruit slices
90ml Passion fruit juice
250ml Pomegranate Juice
2 table spoons of ginger
75ml agave syrup
- To make the pomegranate and ginger infusion, reduce 250ml of the pomegranate juice, agave syrup and chopped ginger, reduce over the hob for 15 minutes and cool overnight.
- Muddle fresh watermelon, orange slices, grapefruit slices, juices of the lemon and lime in a pitcher.
- Add 60ml of the pomegranate and ginger infusion, grapefruit juice and passion fruit juice.
- Fill the pitcher with Rosé wine, add ice and summer berries.
- Serve in a large wine glass, top each serving with sparkling water.